Attero Tractus

You'll never get the time you spend here back.................................. I cautioned you,remember that.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I have a nightmare....

It be true, it woke me up and startled me, however, I have to share.

It started off amazingly, it was a apparently a good dream. A dream in which one voice rose above all.
It resonated with such fury that it made ignorant people take a second guess, it challenged everyone to rethink what they had, and re-evaluate what they know. It was a monstrous voice, one that resonated with intelligence, integrity, passion, and importance.
It made a entire nation think about equality. Sadly, towards the end of my dream, the message had reached too many.
It became too important, too volatile, too "worldly".
The orator, had to be punished.

Punishment was swift. A bullet to the skull, silenced all that was important.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Was there any way this could actually happen?

Of course
, it could happen, it happens all the time, and it happened so long ago, we barely realise it.

Yesterday (today for me) is the anniversary (and I use that loosely, as it implies a happy time) of a man who was shot dead for only speaking what he felt dear to him.
He had a dream, I got a nightmare. In the end, I think we both got the same thing. (ok, in re-visiting that thought... my bad, being assasinated, and being dissapointed, no way in hell the same.... carry on)
I would love to think much has changed, but it has not. Hell, we still divide the human genome into species, which is retarded, we are all human, the same species. Tone of skin is a result of environment, not a gene pool.

Mr.King, you were taken from us far too early, I never got to listen to you live.... that does not stop me from listening to you at all.

I know this seems odd, not that anyone reads this blog, save me. But, Martin Luther King Jr., is one of my idols.

It has been almost 40 years since he was taken from us, and what bothers me most..... On the day he was killed, all I saw was a scrolling reminder on CP24, not a biography on what in my mind was the most powerful and intelligent man, to ever put voice to thought. No, just a tiny scroll after what the Jays did. This is my nightmare. Granted, a ton of this has to due with my affinity for racist jokes... but in my defence, everyone gets equal treatment.

Like this one... Didja hear about the two Jews and the Black guy that walked into a bar? Yeah, me neither, it seems to not happen enough, and that saddens me.

For the record, I know you all have a idea of the importance of the "I have a Dream" Speech... but read it again.
Here.

Do not tell me that transcript means nothing to you, it means everything, and it is pure.

Thank You Mr.King.

Look down on us with compassion, some of us are still trying. However, in todays climate, we might want to include Muslims... Cause, like wholly Christ are they gettin kicked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think I shall let you folks decide what you think about me.

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Git one ---^